This week’s enforcement update covers:
- Barclays and FERC Enforcement reach agreement in principle to settle manipulation lawsuit for a total of $105 million;
- HSBC executive convicted of foreign currency exchange fraud;
- FERC Chairman Chatterjee calls for FERC to reexamine proper scope of de novo review;
- Senator Blumenthal calls on FERC to investigate price manipulation allegations;
- CFTC finds that Arab Global Commodities DMCC engaged in spoofing of copper futures contracts; and
- FERC files response to Silkman and CES objection to magistrate’s discovery rulings in district court.