FERC issued the attached order to show cause in another Up To Congestion trading case, naming Coaltrain Energy, LP and several individuals.
On this special Saturday edition, we cover 5 new developments, including:
- FERC issues Order to Show Cause to ETRACOM and trader.
- Judge holds hearing on Maxim Power motion to dismiss.
- Judge Nunley denies Barclays’ motion for discovery.
- Judge Blakey denies Kraft’s motion to dismiss.
- FERC Enforcement issues third party subpoenas in Total investigation
This week’s developments on the enforcement front, including an update on the Total natural gas market manipulation case:
- CFTC files and settles charges against Total Gas & Power North America, Inc. and Therese Tran for attempted manipulation of natural gas monthly index settlement prices.
- Staff holds technical conference on Connected Entity data.
- FERC files the administrative record in the Powhatan/Chen proceeding.
This week’s developments on the FERC enforcement front, and the latest on energy legislation in Congress.
- Judge in FERC v. Powhatan/Chen case issues order setting prehearing conference.
- FERC files Opposition to Barclays motion for discovery.
- Shareholder files derivative complaint against J.P. Morgan for breaches of fiduciary duty related to FERC settlement.
- FERC releases 2015 Report on Enforcement.
- FERC terminates docket on proposed quarterly natural gas reporting.
- FERC denies rehearing of Order No. 771 related to access to e-Tag data.
- FERC requires reports on price formation in regional electric markets.
- Parties seek rehearing of FERC market-based rate revisions.
- Barclays files appeal to Ninth Circuit and motion for discovery in federal district court.
- Powhatan and Chen file rebuttals to FERC opposition motions to dismiss.
- FERC grants motion for technical conference and postpones comment deadline on Connected Entity NOPR.
- FERC v. Barclays: Judge Nunley denies motion for clarification and FERC files the administrative record in the Barclays proceeding.
- FERC v. Powhatan: FERC files opposition to Powhatan and Chen motions to dismiss.
- FERC v. Berkshire Power: FERC issues NAV against Berkshire Power Company LLC and Powerplant Management Services LLC.
Last week, in the FERC v. Barclays court case, the judge issued a scheduling order. This order gets at the “de novo review” and sets forth how the case will proceed – including whether Barclays gets the right to supplement the record.