On Friday, July 31, FERC sued Powhatan, et al in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia – Richmond Division. The EDVA is one of the fastest courts in the federal system, typically averaging under 12 months from complaint to resolution (often by trial). This is the court and division in which U.S. prosecutors brought the corruption cases against former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and his wife.
Vol. 4, No. 31
Topics discussed in this week’s Report include:
- NGO Notifies DOT of Intent to Sue Over Pipeline Safety Regulations.
- Senate Committee Approves Bill to End Crude Oil Export Ban.
- California: NGOs Sue to Block California Hydraulic Fracturing Regulations.
- Iowa: Landowners Challenge Pipeline Eminent Domain.
- North Dakota: Fort Berthold Tribe Eyes Drilling Rule Reforms.
- Oklahoma: Injection Wells Agree to Shut Down Pending Investigation After Earthquakes North of Oklahoma City.
- AFBF Report: More Oil Pipelines Would Help Grain Shipments.
- SABIC Eyeing U.S. Shale Gas Investments.
- Oil Production up in Permian Despite Losses and Layoffs.