Politico Morning Energy reported this morning FERC WAIT MAY BE COMING TO AN END—“an informed tipster tells ME that those names — Neil Chatterjee, Robert Powelson and Kevin McIntyre — are expected to become official within in the next week.” FERC has been without a quorum for nearly two months, hamstringing its ability to act on contested gas and electric rate filings, and infrastructure projects. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Chairwoman Lisa Murkowski has vowed to prioritize FERC nominees before her panel once the White House releases them, but getting them confirmed will likely still take several weeks, notwithstanding the two-week recess next month.
This week’s enforcement update covers:
- Department of Energy scrutinizing natural gas import and export reporting;
- Judge in Powhatan/Chen proceeding grants leave to file amicus brief on de novo review;
- Judge in ETRACOM case rules that “de novo review” means an ordinary civil action;
- TOTAL responds to plaintiffs in class action proceeding;
- Wyoming Pipeline Authority files then withdraws request for rehearing of FERC delegation order; and
- Sidley to host roundtable on FERC energy and capacity market technical conference.