Our latest enforcement update covers:
- FERC releases 2017 Report on Enforcement showing continued focus on fraud and market manipulation;
- CFTC settles with Statoil ASA for attempted manipulation of Argus Far East Index propane benchmark – “damning” messages again cause trouble;
- Judge issues case management order and sets trial date in CFTC case against Kraft;
- FERC approves settlement in Barclays case;
- CFTC orders Cargill, Inc. to pay a $10 million civil penalty for providing inaccurate mid-market marks on swaps;
- Senate confirms McIntyre and Glick to FERC, but still not sworn in at FERC; and
- CFTC orders Morgan Stanley and Co. Incorporated to pay $350,000 penalty for Part 17 Large Trader reporting violations.