Our first enforcement update for 2018 covers:
- FERC terminates DOE NOPR proceeding on grid resilience and initiates new proceeding;
- FERC increases maximum civil penalties for violations;
- TOTAL files petition for writ of certiorari in Supreme Court;
- FERC loses again – Judge rules Powhatan and Chen are entitled to a de novo trial in district court;
- Judge denies Silkman and CES objection to magistrate’s discovery rulings in district court; and
- ERCOT proposes rule revisions to protect its jurisdictional independence from FERC.