Topics discussed this week include
- EPA proposes rescinding Obama-era leak repair provisions for appliances using substitute refrigerants.
- BLM releases revised 2016 Methane and Waste Prevention Rule.
- EPA denies petitions by Delaware and Connecticut on cross-state emissions.
- D.C. Circuit upholds decision to vacate 2008 ozone NAAQS implementation rule.
This week’s enforcement update covers:
- Commodity Trading Adviser (CTA) violation settled with CFTC;
- CFTC and Kraft file motions for summary judgment;
- CFTC files 12 enforcement actions addressing registration, position limits, recordkeeping, supervision and reporting;
- Seventh Circuit upholds Illinois zero emissions credits for nuclear facilities;
- Judge denies class action lawsuit alleging antitrust violations in New England gas market;
- CFTC Staff issues report on impact of U.S. tight oil on NYMEX WTI futures contract;
- CFTC orders BNP Paribas to pay $90 million penalty for attempted manipulation and false reporting of U.S. Dollar ISDAFIX benchmark swap rates; and
- FERC issues notice of intent to revoke MBR authority to five entities for failure to file EQRs.
Topics discussed this week include:
- Petitioners ask Supreme Court to weigh in on whether Clean Water Act regulates discharges through groundwater to waters of the United States
- EPA OECA issues guidance document on National Compliance Initiatives
- DOI seeks comment on its NRD regulations
- Eight states sue DOI, its Principal Deputy Solicitor, and FWS over MBTA guidance