In our first enforcement update for 2019, we cover a range of issues (including some news from the end of 2018):
- FERC opens investigations into rates charged by three interstate natural gas companies;
- Powhatan and Chen file opening appellate brief;
- Judge suspends CFTC case against Kraft because of the partial government shutdown;
- FERC increases maximum civil penalties for violations;
- FERC approves settlement between FERC Enforcement and Algonquin;
- Judge rules that FERC action against Silkman/CES is not time-barred by statute of limitations; and
- Judge finds CFTC fails to meet burden on manipulation claims against DRW and Wilson.