Thursday, April 25, 2019
Sidley Austin | 1501 K Street N.W. | Washington, D.C. 20005
11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Registration
12:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Lunch, Program and Networking Reception
Government shut-down, climate change, inverse condemnation, energy & commodity regulation and enforcement – 2019 looks to be a pretty tumultuous year with lots of change.
We will host an in-depth discussion on evolving regulatory, transactional and business issues facing U.S. and international energy and commodities market participants.
As our industry continues adapting to regulatory, credit, and market challenges, we will host notable industry leaders, distinguished government officials, and Sidley attorneys offering timely insights on pressing issues and trends.
This complimentary half-day program in Sidley’s Washington, D.C. office, will feature informative presentations and panel discussions followed by a networking reception.
For more information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week’s enforcement update covers:
- CFTC enters into non-prosecution agreements with former Citigroup Global Markets Inc. traders in spoofing case;
- CFTC orders $5.2 million in civil penalties for wash sales designed to generate exchange rebate fees;
- FERC hosts technical conference on developments in natural gas index liquidity and transparency;
- Senate Energy & Natural Resources Committee releases new energy bill;
- President Trump announces intent to nominate Richard Glick as FERC Commissioner;
- FERC Enforcement and City Power file status report on settlement; and
- Judge grants Kraft Foods motion to compel discovery from the CFTC.
On Monday, November 14, 2016, Sidley Austin LLP Partner Ken Irvin discussed planning and coordinating international gas pipelines and infrastructure at this year’s annual Platts Mexican Energy Conference in Mexico City, Mexico. Ken was joined by Javier Gutierrez, Subdirector, Modernization and New Areas of Opportunity with Mexico’s state-owned electric utility Comisión Federal de Electricidad (“CFE”). (more…)