The U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) is expected to issue an order later this month that could influence the development of “responsibly sourced natural gas” (RSG), natural gas certified by a qualified third party as meeting certain performance and operational criteria. Some in the energy industry have touted RSG as a way to meet net-zero and lower carbon emissions goals. (more…)
This week’s enforcement update covers:
- BP files motion seeking dismissal of FERC case based on statute of limitations;
- Eversource sends cease & desist letter regarding alleged gas pipeline capacity withholding report;
- Secretary Perry grants extension for FERC action on DOE grid resiliency proposal;
- Kevin McIntyre sworn in as Chairman and Richard Glick sworn in as Commissioner at FERC;
- House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee holds hearing on financial trading in electricity markets; and
- CFTC releases annual enforcement results for Fiscal Year 2017.