This week’s enforcement update covers:
- FERC Enforcement Staff presents the 2018 Summer Energy Market and Reliability Assessment;
- CFTC Staff issues report assessing market impacts of LNG;
- CFTC Commissioner Behnam discusses CFTC enforcement program and trends;
- FERC files opposition to TOTAL petition for writ of certiorari in the Supreme Court;
- Second Circuit affirms dismissal of class action against TOTAL for alleged natural gas manipulation; and
- FERC Enforcement settles investigation with PSEG.
Our first enforcement update for 2018 covers:
- FERC terminates DOE NOPR proceeding on grid resilience and initiates new proceeding;
- FERC increases maximum civil penalties for violations;
- TOTAL files petition for writ of certiorari in Supreme Court;
- FERC loses again – Judge rules Powhatan and Chen are entitled to a de novo trial in district court;
- Judge denies Silkman and CES objection to magistrate’s discovery rulings in district court; and
- ERCOT proposes rule revisions to protect its jurisdictional independence from FERC.