This Sidley Update addresses the following:
- District court judge finds that FERC may not pursue joint and several liability and disgorgement in Coaltrain case – FERC seeks interlocutory appeal.
- FERC Report on Enforcement highlights increased enforcement activity in 2021.
- FERC approves settlement between Enforcement staff and Golden Spread.
- FERC orders penalties against GreenHat Energy, LLC and individuals.
- DOJ and CFTC charge Puerto Rico resident and his firm for misappropriation of nonpublic information and fictitious trading.
This week’s enforcement update covers:
- FERC issues Order to Show Cause to Footprint for alleged tariff violations and submission of false information;
- The Supreme Court denies TOTAL petition for writ of certiorari;
- FERC settles with Duke Energy regarding alleged violation of FERC market behavior rule on communications;
- CFTC orders Société Générale S.A. to pay $475 million penalty to resolve charges of alleged LIBOR and Euribor manipulation; and
- U.S. Department of Justice announces new policy on coordination of corporate penalties.